Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's like I've waited my whole life for this one night.

Really. It's nights like these that I really appreciate the little moments in life.

I picked up a shift at work tonight. Work wasn't bad at all. Slow, but not unbearable and the money was decent. $60 more than I would have if I hadn't worked tonight, that's how I see it.

Afterward, I headed over to my best friend Sam's and hung out with some old friends who I haven't genuinely hung out with since high school. Greg, Pat and Matt. We all used to be in a tight-knit group of friends. Then college happened. Greg went off to University of Toledo, Matt to Michigan State and Pat to Grand Valley State. So, we all pretty much went our separate ways. It was nice to sit around the fire, smoke hooka and play never-have-I-ever with them. It was a good way to catch up and learn a little bit about the people we became after high school. Some things were shocking and revealing, and others were expected, to be honest, but the only thing that mattered was that we were all together.

In other news, I wanted to share with everyone some photography that I thought to be astounding. This kid went to high school with me and is a year younger than me and is pretty much the best photographer I know around here:
www.flickr.com/photos/peterbosch

I guess that's all I have for today. And well, hey. Some people really know how to make me smile.

No comments:

Followers