Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We're adults... when did that happen?

"We're adults... when did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"

I'm going to be landing in Las Vegas in about exactly five days with my friend, Rae, coming in a day later. I'm looking forward to it and I'm getting more and more excited by the second. I have quite a few things I have yet to see there, and I've already been there four times before. Apparently there is a lot of stuff that I have neglected to see in the past. I guess you can't just walk the strip and expect to get the full effect of what Vegas is really about. While I'm out there I'll be venturing around with my best friend, Sam, who moved out there back in early May. I have family out there, too, so I'll be staying with a bunch of people. My sister and her new husband, my aunt, uncle and cousin or, well, Sam. So, I have my options.

We'll be driving out to LA early on the 11th and staying until late on the 13th. I really wanted a full 3 days there since the last time we only went for a day and it hardly felt like enough. This'll be my fourth time out there. Sam and her friends won't be driving out until the 12th, though, so Rae and I will probably have to find a place to stay on the 11th, even if it is at a rest stop off the highway. In LA there is definitely a list of things I want to do. The beach being #1. I have a few people I would like to see while I'm out there, as well. Some more than others, of course!

In other news, there are a couple of trailers I saw today that blew my mind.

The first is Greta:

I have always adored Hilary Duff. She is one of the few teenage celebrities who have managed to keep a straight-shooting life and I admire her for that. I think this movie has a unique storyline and compelling characters.

And the second is The Private Lives of Pippa Lee:

Blake Lively. Enough said.


So, let me get a little bit serious now. (And I'm going to let you know that I need to write my feelings so don't read them if you don't wanna read anything mushy, unintendingly dramatic, and well... just serious.)

It has been over eight months since I have even remotely opened myself up to a guy. I haven't really been able to give a guy the light of day, whether they like me or I think I like them. It's not that I've given up, but I think it's that I shut down for a while. So, when I found someone who seemed worth my time, well, it just happened to be that it was also bad timing, bad location and just overall complicated. I don't know where I stand and frankly, I don't really mind. All I care about is that I don't end up screwing up anything that has potential. When I say anything, I mean anything. I can get a hint if there's one to be taken, I can mosey along and go on with it all, and I most certainly can settle for nothing more than friends. I've known that. It all comes down to the next few weeks, I guess.

1 comment:

Dan said...

ay!! have fun in vegas and LA! I'm sooo jealous that you are going to LA. I've never been to vegas so I dont know what it's like, but i LOVE LA!!!! make sure you hit up rodeo and stalk some celebs for me kkthx :)

Followers